Hello there, everyone!
Just one thing I will say first: Coding with SQL feels like I'm just writing in English. Anyway, I spent most of my time today learning SQL and going through SQLZoo's SQL Tutorial. I like this resource because it teaches the concepts in a problem-solving type of way in which you have to retrieve certain data from a table.
Other than that, I also continued to learn about Next.js, specifically about writing dynamic API endpoints.
Anyway, let's move on to my daily report!
I did various things, such as deploying the updates for my company website, learning Next.js, SQL basic concepts, and MySQL.
- practiced writing dynamic APIs for Next.js.
- continued going through Next.js & React by Maximilian Schwarzmüller.
- practiced selecting attributes to be retrieved from a table (SELECT and FROM).
- learned how to:
- filter records using WHERE.
- combine multiple filter conditions using AND, OR, and the use of () to nest conditions.
- use IN the specify multiple values in a list when using WHERE clause, and the fact that it is just a shorthand for multiple OR.
- utilize LIKE in a WHERE clause to search for a specified pattern in a column.
%represents zero, one, or more characters.
_represents one single character.
- escape single quotes.
- read this article, titled Scrum from the trenches - the Sprint Goal by Jasper Alblas.
Thank you for reading! Have a good day!
- Next.js & React by Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Next.js official documentation
- SQLZoo's SQL Tutorial
- Scrum from the trenches - the Sprint Goal by Jasper Alblas
- The 2020 Scrum Guide
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!