Good day, everyone!
Today, I started learning MySQL and picked up some of the basics. I think I made the right choice being familiar with SQL first, as most of the SQL database management systems (such as MySQL, postgreSQL, and SQLite) use almost the same commands with a few differences between of them. As for the resource I'm using, I chose Colt Steele's MySQL course which is pretty fun and beginner-friendly.
Anyway, let's move on to my daily report!
- I finished these two courses: Next.js & React by Maximilian Schwarzmüller and SQLZoo's SQL Tutorial.
- also finished reading the Nexus guide for scaling Scrum.
- I learned how to create, describe, and delete databases and tables in MySQL.
INSERT-ing data in tables.
- learned how to set
DEFAULTvalues and utilize
NOT NULLfor columns in a table.
- familiarize myself with the data types in MySQL.
- started Colt Steele's MySQL course.
- started reading An Introduction to the Nexus Framework.
Thank you for reading! Have a good day!
- The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert
- The 2020 Scrum Guide
- An Introduction to the Nexus Framework
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!